Sună-ne la:

+40 123 123 123

 

E-mail:

biurou@domeniul-tău.ro

Contactează-ne:

E-mail
Telefon
Mesaj
EXPEDIAZĂ
EXPEDIAZĂ
Mesajul a fost expediat - Mersi
Îndeplinește toate câmpurile necesare!

Organizers message

University of Pitesti 

Targu din Vale Street, No. 1, 110040, Pitesti - ROMANIA

 

Pitesti Map

Romania - Map

Transfer for Bucharest

 

WELCOME TO PITESTI

 

Piteşti is a pleasant, medium-sized city with a pretty, pedestrianised centre lined with cafes, bars and a handful of decent hotels. If you’re planning an overnight stay in this neck of the woods it’s a strong candidate – not so much for the sights, but for the energy and lively atmosphere.

 

Pitești is a city in Romania, located on the Argeș River. The capital and largest city of Argeș County, it is an important commercial and industrial center, as well as the home of two universities. Pitești is situated in the historical region of Muntenia. The city is a marketing center for the automotive industry, in particular Automobile Dacia. Inhabited since prehistoric times but first mentioned in the 14th century, it developed as a trading town in northern Wallachia, serving as an informal residence for various Wallachian Princes until the 18th century. From the 19th century and until the interwar period, it was an important political center for the National Liberal Party and the main residence of the Brătianu family of politicians. During the early stages of the communist regime, it was one of the main sites of political repression, with the Pitești prison becoming home to an experiment in brainwashing techniques.

 

The Saint George Princely Church (Biserica Domneascǎ Sfântul Gheorghe), Strada Victoriei, 7, ☏ +40 722304072, ✉ the.royalchurch@yahoo.ro. The oldest church in the city. It was built in 1656 by the Prince of Vallachia Constantin Șerban and his wife Doamna Bălașa. This monument has a special architecture that reflects the refinement of the art of ecclesiastical construction in Wallachia in the middle of the 17th century.

 

Argeș County Museum (Muzeul Județean Argeș), Strada Armand Calinescu, 44, ☏ +40 248212561, ✉ muzeuarges@yahoo.com. Organized in the building built between 1889-1899 as the headquarters of the former Prefecture of the county on the site where the Buliga hermitage church was located, the museum has a U-shaped symmetrical plane that appeals to the French school academy and to the repertoires of antiquity Greek and French Renaissance. The museum houses a series of archaeological discoveries that speak freely about the continuity of the Romanians in these lands: coins, objects of worship, ornaments that illustrate the succession of historical epochs, as well as an ecological exhibition, among the first of its kind in the country.

 

The Rudolf Schweitzer-Cumpăna Art Gallery (Galeria de Artă Rudolf Schweitzer-Cumpăna). Art gallery works in a building of 1886 which until 1970 housed Town Hall. It has a collection of 1100 paintings and classical and contemporary sculpture. The rooms upstairs are exhibited by Nicolae Grigorescu, Stefan Luchian, Pallady, Gh. Petraşcu and Nicholas Tonitza, setting out some milestones in the history of each artist plastic. These artists gave Romanian painting personality, founded the national school of modern painting. Also, upstairs, two rooms are dedicated to painting museum Rudolf Schweitzer-Cumpăna.

 

The Heroes' Gate (Poarta Eroilor). Unveiled on September 28, 1926, the monument was built in the form of a traditional Romanian gate, being made of masonry on foundations and a stone basement and tiled roof. Above the wide opening vault, to the street, stands in the archaic capital of the Poarta Eroilor, and in the inner arch is a brief explanation "For the country, for glory and for the flag". On the pillars are the names of the localities where the military operations took place in the years 1916-1917 and the names of hundreds of soldiers fallen in debt in the campaigns from 1877-1878 and 1916-1918. Having the stately stature of a triumphal arch, the gate is meant to be a tribute to the over 1,100 heroes fallen for the achievement of national unity. Argeş's Heroes Gate was restored in 1971.

 

Trivale Park (Parcul Trivale). Trivale Park is the largest natural park in Romania, occupying an area of ​​approximately 7,000 ha. Here are three valleys of streams, hence the name of Trivale. It consists of thermophilic oaks, diversity of vegetation and phyto-geological significance, placing it among the forests of great importance. The park really deserves to be visited because the pleasant, no-tiring atmosphere even made you smile. The rhetoric of the thermophilous oaks forests, the diversity of vegetation, the special phytogeographical importance give the Trivale forest a real importance. The park was declared a monument of nature in 1939.

 

Trivale Hermitage (Schitul Trivale), Strada Trivale, 71, ☏ +40 248 272 343. The Trivale Hermitage, nestled on a scenic hill, was built between 1677-1688.

 

Pitești Zoo (Grădina Zoologică Pitești), ☏ +40 248 223 203. In the Zoological Garden of Piteşti can be seen more than 130 animals, of 39 species, including: Emu ostrich, peacock, tiger, lions, bears, white bourbon, deer, monkeys, foxes, wolves, nuts, goats of Cameroon, as well as different species of birds of prey. Zoo remains one of the favorite places for children and parents in sunny days.

 

Planetarium (Planetariu).

 

Pitești Prison Memorial (Memorialul Închisoarea Pitești), ☏ +40774651257.

 

The Musical Fountain (Fântâna Muzicală). 

 

Goleşti Viticulture and Tree-Growing Museum (Muzeului Viticulturii şi Pomiculturii Goleşti), Strada Banul Radu Golescu, 1, ☏ +40 248 266 364, ✉ cmngolesti@yahoo.com. Apr-Oct: daily 09:00-18:00; Nov-Mar: daily 08:00-16:00. Adult 10 lei, senior or student 5 lei.